- What Leaders of Volunteers Can DO to Gain Executive Attention
My August Hot Topic, I’ll Never Understand Why Executives Still Don’t Understand, reflects my frustrations with executives who haven’t got a clue about how important volunteer management is. This month, however, I am turning the spotlight 180 degrees to examine how leaders of volunteers contribute to the problem of not getting enough attention from higher-ups. This is not "blaming the victim" because I don’t see us as victims – just as people who are not making the most powerful use of the tools we already have.
Get Connected in South Carolina
'Get Connected' is a statewide platform for individuals and groups who want actively solve the needs in their community.
Sign up and make a difference today!
You will see organizations who need volunteers and/or have other needs that you may be able to meet! You also may be able to connect an organization to someone you know who would be willing to help.
Find others on the site who share your passion and know you are making the great state of South Carolina the best it can be!
- Reighney S: became a fan of "Charleston County Guardian ad Litem" - May 20, 2013
- Reighney S: became a fan of "Universiy of South Carolina Sistas Project" - May 20, 2013
- Reighney S: joined the site - May 20, 2013
- Brittany G: joined the site - May 20, 2013
- Tabatha T: joined the site - May 15, 2013
- Deborah A: joined the site - May 14, 2013
- United Way of the Piedmont: posted a new Need "UWP needs you help" - May 22, 2013
- Child Abuse Prevention Association (CAPA): posted a new Need "Open Arms Shelter" - May 22, 2013
- Hospice of Laurens County: posted a new Need "Watchman Program Volunteer" - May 22, 2013
- Hospice of Laurens County: posted a new Need "Hospice House Volunteer" - May 22, 2013