- What Leaders of Volunteers Can DO to Gain Executive Attention
My August Hot Topic, I’ll Never Understand Why Executives Still Don’t Understand, reflects my frustrations with executives who haven’t got a clue about how important volunteer management is. This month, however, I am turning the spotlight 180 degrees to examine how leaders of volunteers contribute to the problem of not getting enough attention from higher-ups. This is not "blaming the victim" because I don’t see us as victims – just as people who are not making the most powerful use of the tools we already have.
Get Connected in South Carolina
'Get Connected' is a statewide platform for individuals and groups who want actively solve the needs in their community.
Sign up and make a difference today!
You will see organizations who need volunteers and/or have other needs that you may be able to meet! You also may be able to connect an organization to someone you know who would be willing to help.
Find others on the site who share your passion and know you are making the great state of South Carolina the best it can be!
- John-Mark B: joined the site - Mar 7, 2014
- Katrina F: joined the site - Mar 3, 2014
- Deborah D: joined the site - Feb 26, 2014
- Sonya W: joined the site - Feb 25, 2014
- lisa d: became a fan of "Agency Disaster Group" - Feb 25, 2014
- Jackie B: joined the site - Feb 24, 2014
- United Way of the Lowcountry: posted a new Need "Tutoring in Red Cedar Elementary School" - Mar 5, 2014
- Partners for Active Living: posted a new Need "Good for You Spartanburg Administrative Assistant" - Feb 27, 2014
- United Way of Anderson County: posted a new Need "Park Clean-Up" - Feb 24, 2014
- Goodwill Industries of the Upstate and Midlands: posted a new employment opportunity "CDS Employment Specialist- Greenwood, SC (Goodwill Industries of the Upstate/Midlands)" - Dec 2, 2013